Thinking about switching to salt...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
My pistol shrimp hid as soon as I put him in the tank but I hadn't seen one glimpse of him until tonight. I just saw him
Digging out the cave with the goby. I sure feel a lot better! :D

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Well I had A scare today. My gf Saw the watchman goby at the top of the tank, this morning. He was really pale and didn't look like he was going to make it. But when she got back home he was back in his cave and looked fine. I can understand the looking pale part, since she just turned on the lights on. But im not sure why he was up at the top, I was sure he was going to be dead but I'm glad he's not. Any ideas?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
He may have got spooked and shot up to the top when the lights kicked on. Jumpy lil' buggers :). Glad you found the shrimp. Cool relationship to watch for sure!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
It is although I think they were fighting yesterday because the goby sat outside and the shrimp kept kicking sand on him. But I'm glad he's ok, although his behavior is worrying

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I picked up the stuff last night, and had a good chat at the lfs. I picked up some snails and they gave me a small piece of lr with a few small zoas on it. And I'm seeing all kinds of pods, ones big enough that i can see them crawling in and out of the lr, and smaller ones on the glass. Cool stuff :)

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Is this ich? It looks like it to me, but ive never really had to deal with it.

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sure looks like ich, sorry :(. Hows the clown today?

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
They both seem fine, I think I've seen a few spots on them recently but not that bad. They both seem normal, but the temp dropped to 75 recently so that may be the reason? I'm working on getting it back up.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
The clowns are doing fine, I still see a couple of small spots but it's not like the above pic. I bought a second 40 br, that was set up, with two dual bulb t5 fixtures, heater powerhead, stand and glass top, all for 100bucks :D the benefits of knowing the local club folks :)

Does anyone have any good reccomendations for the best design for the sump? Any reason why I shouldn't make this a macro algae display tank?

Also for the future, has anyone kept a copper banded butterfly? Live aquaria says tank minimum size is 50 gallons, but I'm sure they need more. But they look amazing and I want one lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store