Thinking about switching to salt...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
The only thing was that I had the out put going behind the rocks, blowing all the debris out. But I can fix that with moving the powerheads. It'll be nice to not have to clean it and have it not have the tubing show in the tank.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Last night at the lfs, I bought a frogspawn coral, and a six line wrasse. I'll try to get some good pics up of them later. The frogspawn has 3 heads, and opened up great today. The six line is out and eating well. Also they gave me a free pavona coral frag. I glued it to a piece of rock and put it in a high flow area. I guess it's an sps, but pretty easy to take care of, we'll see how it does.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Here is the best pics i got, out of about 50. I need to learn how to use my camera!
And my overflow box and a few other things have been ordered :D

DSC_0257.JPG
DSC_0243.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG DSC_0257.JPG DSC_0191.JPG

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I received my overflow box, test kit, and a giesseman actinic bulb that I ordered. I love how blue it is! It really makes the colors pop. I used the test kit and was pretty surprised. Ph was 8, ammonia and nitrite was 0, which I expected. But my nitrate was under 5, I'm pretty sure zero, which really surprised me. But it's good to know nothing is out of wack in the tank.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Tank with actinic only

The pavona coral

Chalice

Last edited:

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice additions! Tank looks great! The FS is a really dark green which is not all that common and the watermelon chalice is very healthy looking. Feed it and it will grow pretty quick.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Thanks greech, I really like the frogspawn. I did notice at the lfs that most of the frogspawns, hammers etc were more brownish with some green. That's one reason why I bought that one. I'll have to move the chalice to someplace more permanent. I have cyclopeeze and mysis, but what's the best way to feed it?

Also the lfs is having a group buy on ESV salt, from what I've read it's good stuff, but anybody have any experience with it?

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Here's the court jester goby I got Friday

And my purple sea fan feeding, I guess they are difficult to keep but mine is almost always out like this.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
No experience with ESV salt so can't help there. As for feeding the chalice, cyclopeezze and ,mysis are fine. Turn off your pumps and take a small dropper to cover the "eyes". Once the chalice takes hold, you can kick the pumps back on. Hopefully your fish aren't food robbers :). If they are you can feed the corals at night when the feeders are out and you should not need to cut the pumps off as the feeders should be sticky enough to grab hold.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store