Thinking of setting up a tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
In my opinion, there are better options if you want a little boost. ADA is relatively expensive...good product from what I've heard, but not necessary for most tanks unless you're really going all out for an ADA style tank. If you're looking for a nutrient boost directly to the substrate you can always add root tabs or go dirted/MTS. There are several safe DIY substitutes for higher CEC (kitty litter, Safe T Sorb, Turface, etc.) as well as commercial products that aren't quite as expensive (Eco complete, fluorite, etc.).

I would look into those options before jumping into purchasing ADA. Again, just my opinion though!

cap1384

AC Members
Nov 19, 2007
Hemet
I actually already have flourite in the tank was jay thinking of changing it up a bit. But you make a good point, besides there are 3 other 20 longs sitting here empty. I can always do something like that later on. So over all I have 2 55's 1 20 tall 3 20longs and 2 10's sitting empty. Don't know why I put that here but I'm to lazy to back space so it's out there. So I will stick with the flourite black I believe there is so black gravel mixed with it money was tight back then. So a pick for now should help. Not sure if I like the wood but time will tell. It's still becoming water logged

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1377825672.591818.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store