Thought I would share my 125

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jlennonW

AC Members
Mar 3, 2012
Looks good!! What kind of plants do you have? What's your lighting? Any more pics? Close ups maybe?
Plant list:
Anubus; nana, minima, barteri board leaf, gigantea
Cryptocorynei; spiralis, lutea, parva, wendtii
Hygrophilia; green temple, sunset
Ludwigia; broad leaf, narrow leaf
Red tiger lotus, apongeton natans, four leaf clover, Rotala nanjeshan, cardinal.

These are my best shots at id on the plants so if anyone has any input please feel free.
The lighting was just upgraded two 36" 21 watt coralife dual bar, 67k/colormax to two 36" 39 watt aquaticlife dual bar, 6k/rose.
I have been slacking on my doseing of liquid co2 and dry ferts.
My w/c schedule has been slack too at 50% bi weekly but I am getting back into at least 20 gallons twice a week. My source water takes two to three days to prep.

My pics are with a phone for now I am thinking of breaking out my fancy under water camera.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlennonW

AC Members
Mar 3, 2012
Very nice! I, too, want more fish pics. Especially the acaras, an old fav we had with giant danios as well, 30+ years ago. Ours bred all the time, do yours?
The acaras have been one of my favorite fish. I have had my blue for close to five years and he was a rescue from a buddies filter. I had two which I hoped to pair but the one paired with the sal and ended up getting very aggressive.

jlennonW

AC Members
Mar 3, 2012
Looks awesome! How much water do you change at a time? Water changes must be hard :)
W/c is like a religion anymore. I have gone three weeks w/o a w/c with under 300 TDS, and less then 20 ppm nitrates.
I prep est 55 gallons of ro/di water buffed and conditioned to match the tank with as little TDS as possible. I am currently doing two w/c a week. I am also maintaining a 75 gallon planted oscar tank which the w/c depends on how much she gets fed.

I have a flow meter on my syphon hose to know exactly how much water is removed and a sump pump in my source bucket on a remote for refilling. So not to bad. I end up playing with plants and stuff taking as long as four hours at a time. It can actually be done in 30 min after the water is prepped.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store