Tiger Barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skylinegtts

AC Members
Jul 21, 2003
Australia
www.skylinegtts.cjb.net
Does anyone know if u can put tiger barbs with 6 head and tail light tetras, 1 male dwarf gourami and 2 bristle nose cats?
im wondering this because i saw them in my LFS and thought they look pretty cool and i heard they are aggressive fish.

MJMiller

AC Members
Mar 22, 2003
IN
Visit site
I'm certainly no expert, but I have a similar CROWD that seems to be doing ok.

9 cardinal tetras
1 male dwarf gourami (I lost the female...)
2 bristlenose plec's (still pretty small)
5 tiger barbs
1 crab

The tiger barbs were the latest addition to the tank and are definitely the favorites. They haven't caused any trouble except for chewing on one of their own (the smallest). I kept him away from the pack for a few days and he recovered nicely... I haven't had any problems since.

They are my favorite fish so far...

Good Luck!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Gouramies and any other fish with long, flowing fins find themselves placed at risk when people have a Tiger (or several) in their tank. Not just a poor idea for an Exxon commercial, Tigers in Tanks will rip off the long pectoral feelers associated with Gouramies. I would recommend against including Gouramies, Bettas, fancy Guppies, and any other fish of that nature if you are creating a tiger tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store