Time to start finalizing my livestock choices, 55g community tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TxCruzr

AC Members
Aug 26, 2013
El Desert
Sure will. Glad it worked out this way. I'll keep dosing ammonia and testing the next 2 days to make sure all is good and then do a WC and start adding fish Tuesday.

What I'm currently planning on:
8-10 Snakeskin Barbs
10-12 Celestial Pearl Danios
6 False Julii Cory's
3 Angelicus Botia loaches
2 Badis

TxCruzr

AC Members
Aug 26, 2013
El Desert
Thanks for the help! The adding of fish will begin tomorrow!
Ended up going with Java Fern and Anacharis scattered across the back and Java Moss on the two left rock outcroppings and the one on the far right.

Went with the "Mexican Beach" theme :cool:

DSC_0313.JPG DSC_0320.JPG DSC_0321.JPG

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
My two cents, I think celestial danios are very hard to keep happy and you could have bullying problems with the barbs. I think that cory's are better for activity b/c some loaches are prone to hiding in the back.

kumar420

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
very nice setup, all that lava rock must have set you back a few bucks.
Maybe be a bit careful about the corona bottle- one of the smaller fish might get stuck in it- you can stretch a small amount of pantyhose material over the mouth and secure it with a rubber bank to prevent that, and it will still stay at the bottom

IMO two sets of bottom feeders is unnecessary- I love both cories and loaches but wouldn't go with both, I'd get either another set of schooling fish or a 2nd centrepiece fish instead. But thats just my opinion

Never kept burmese loaches but I had some clowns in my 55 along with bronze and peppered cories- the clown loaches often out-competed the cories for food and also upset them (clown loaches are a little boisterous when kept in sufficient numbers)
So yeah just a couple things to keep in mind. Otherwise very nice setup, can't wait to see it with the fish in it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store