Tips on vacationing in Florida - Disney & Universal & Seaworld

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
2 families of 4

1. discounts on for disney, universal & other attractions
2. what to avoid
3. where to go eat on reasonable budget (not too expensive but no fast food), decent place to stay
4. car rentals
5. tee shirt souvenirs
6. best things for kids to do/take them besides disney/universal (have a 9.5 & 8 yr old, other family a 9.5 & a 4 yr old)
7. what to bring that should not to forget
8. what do you do to overcome the yucky tasting tap water? (besides buy bottled water)
9. etc.

Liz

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
There's always gatorland.
http://www.gatorland.com/
I think you get a little more of a taste for real/native Florida at Gatorland. Maybe. I went there when I was little.

Also in Orlando there's Medieval times, that was a lot of fun when I was little. They might be TOO little to appreciate that though, but you get to watch a medieval style tournament and during it you eat medieval style food (if I remember correctly, they don't even give you eating utensils) and everyone has their knight they are cheering for, you are separated into sections for each knight. They have a nice gift shop and an educational grounds you can walk and learn about life back then.

edit: I'm basically a native floridian :)

BOLTSFAN

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
PALM HARBOR FLORIDA
Ok here you go my thoughts.
1. Go online right now there are some great deals on hotels over there just check it out on almost any travel site you can get a nice 3 star,Hampton type for around $75
2.There are literally hundreds of restaurants around there, you can pick up a coupon book in most of the convience stores ect with good discounts, IHOP has kids eat free every nite 4 to 10 ect
3. Car rentals the same just check one of the major travel sites and get the best deal you can chose from a whole list avis, hertz ect.
4. Tshirts ect there are plenty of small shops up and down I drive , the big avenue there and just off it also be careful dont just buy the first one you see., also a huge
outlet mall on either side of disney on I drive.
5. Things to do, there are several other parks, sea world is great as is universal
If you are looking for something different Daytona is only an hour and 15 minutes away great beach just watch the surf surge pull with small kids. Also Kennedy Space center is not that far and well worth the visit. or come over Tampa way Busch Gardens or Clearwater beach
Enjoy
Jack

BOLTSFAN

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
PALM HARBOR FLORIDA
PS also check out there are some really good deals on 2 AND 3 BEDROOM CONDOS THAT RENT BY THE DAY OR WEEK OR WEEKEND. wE GOT ONE LAST YEAR FOR $80 A NITE 3 BEDROOM, 3 POOLS SEVERAL RESTAURANTS AND 18 HOLE GOLF. CLOSE TO dISNEY ALSO.

Rollinondubz200

rollinondubz2002
Jan 13, 2009
Southwest Florida
Ripley beleve it or not is in orlando.. that would be a cool place for the kids, plus the big kids in you could have fun. there is a water park just around the corner from Ripley on same road . make sure you pack lots of sunscreen, the sun has been a cooker for the last couple of weeks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store