Titan Eze Metal Aquarium Double Stands

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I got my 75g's Titan eze stand today. Barely 2 days from mouse-click to door! Faster than I can pay for it.:uhoh:

Anyway.. The online specs don't do it justice. According to the box, the 75g double stand can also hold (2) 90 or 110g, 48"x18" tanks. Not bad for ~$85!

I'll post back tomorrow when I get it put together.

Last edited:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Here it is. Indeed it is 36" high. You'd need a step ladder for tank maintenance if you put a 90 or 110g on this. Quality isn't too bad aside from 3 out of 4 "resin" foot caps being cracked. It's pretty heavy tubular steel. Maybe 40lbs of steel, but I couldn't imagine putting something bigger than a 75 on it.. let alone two!! Took literally 1 min to slide together.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Man this stand seems shaky and rickety with the tank on it. It's freaking HIGH as well. 57.5" from floor to top of tank. Yikes. I got it leveled out with some metal castor cups. We'll see tomorrow when I get the gravel cleaned and tank filled.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Is that a north facing window? Else do you plan on some window shades?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
South facing window with solid trees/woods about 20ft from window. I had my 55 in this spot for a year or so. Regardless, I'll put foil, something white, or possibly a pc of foam insulation on the back of the 75, given it's height. The back of the background I put on is black. :(

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Sounds good, wish I had a spot for a big tank. Looking forward to your build thread!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I got the substrate in and tank filled this AM. The stand tightened up considerably once loaded. It's still a lot shakier than having the tank on a cabinet type stand, but that's the nature of the beast I guess.

I'd like to think that since these stands have been out there almost 10yrs and all the heavy-hitter mail-order joints and LFS sell them, they wouldn't be if they were a problem.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I emailed caitec.com (company that makes the Titan Eze) in regards to my concerns with this stand's slight side/side and front/back sway with an ~800lb 75g tank on it.

The good thing is, an actual person emailed me back very quickly. The bad is, no real info or solution came of it.

Basically "make sure the floor and/or stand is level", "make sure everything is locked together" and these stands have been on the market for "many, many years and they've never been aware of even a single issue".

I also inquired about any safety certifications these stands may have been required to pass or have been tested for. They totally ignored that inquiry.

I even sent them pics of my setup. "looks good and you shouldn't have a problem".

I'm totally at ease now. :uhoh:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've been bugging the individual I've been in contact with at Caitec for the past 3 days or so. In the latest reply I got from them, they told me that their test is to put a 1500lb load on each of the shelves of all their Titan eze stands, and the stands can easily support this load.

Given a 110g tank weighs in at 1320lbs loaded, man I'd hate to have 2640lbs of tank on 4 sections of 1" square steel tubing. 660psi pushing against the floor in 4, 1" places.

It is impressive that they actually respond to customer inquiries though. That impresses me more than anything these days.

Given that, I'd buy another, especially for smaller tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store