To Those In New Zealand.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
I know that there are some NZ users amongst us on this forum.

My deepest sympathys and feelings go out to those affected by the latest earthquake. I'm watching it on the news and its gut wrenching :( I hope you are all safe and your family and friends are too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
My feelings are definitely with those who have been affected by the quake.
I have family in Christchurch but fortunately they are safe, but we cannot get ahold of one of my uncles.

I hope he's alright, but it's most likely just because the phone lines have been cut.

Feel free to ask for information if you are interested :).

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
Certainly been a rough day for the Christchurch folks. 65 confirmed dead, more expected and much of the city is still without power and water. Phone and internet is problematic of course. But they think the main power grid and telecoms are not badly damaged so they should be restored pretty quickly.

Just some background, this is actually considered an aftershock to the bigger quake they had a about 5 months ago, and are still repairing damage from that. But this last one was much shallower and closer to the city and has done much more damage to some quite large buildings. The city has recorded over 4,000 quakes since the big one, and another 41 in the 9 hours since this last bad one. That sort of things has to get on your nerves.

Search and rescue is still working, and more S&R crews, police and army are being flown in from around NZ and from Australia, so it's going to be a long night for them. Several thousand people are in emergency shelters around the city simply because it was impossible for them to get home.

All in all, not a good day for sure.

Ian

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Great summary ian, thats it in a nut shell.

My uncle and his son are flying over tomorrow from canberra and sydney to help with the search and clean up.

I hope your uncles well fallen. Im sure he will be :)

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Great summary ian, thats it in a nut shell.

My uncle and his son are flying over tomorrow from canberra and sydney to help with the search and clean up.

I hope your uncles well fallen. Im sure he will be :)

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Ugh, sorry for double post

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I hope your families are safe.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
My thoughts are with you all! It truly is heartbreaking to see the news coverage.

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
My thoughts and prayers go out to all Kiwis, especially those in Christchurch. I'm hoping everyone's families and friends are okay. Take care Kiwis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store