To try somthing different.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mickey

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
Ireland
www.setbb.com
Every tank i have ever owned, i have had the back ground taped to the back of it.
Although this looks fine, i would like to try a different back ground
idea as i am sure i can acheive a much better look in my new jewel 4 foot tank that i have just purchased
Any bright, original or innovative ideas from AC members on a new back ground look would be very welcome.
cheers.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
you could try applying the backing with olive oil or vaseline, this usually brings the background out to be much more vibrant. I use vaseline myself and it works wonders....don't even need the tape, the vaseline keeps it in place. Other people are more partal to the oil though....give that a shot, it's sure to bring good results.

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Sure, make your own realistic looking rock wall and silicone it inside your tank. Check out my link below (where it says tank pictures) for the one that I made as well as how to instructions.

I chose not to cover the entire wall - only part of it - but you could easily cover the whole back wall with this

elgecko

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
PA
www.geocities.com
I saw somewhere were someone took plastic canvas and grow java moss on it and attached it to the back of the tank. It looked to make a really interesting backdrop.

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
i just whipped out 6 colors of spray paint and went nuts.

looks like mediocre grafitti artist tried to paint a hawaiian volcano. not quite as good as one of those paintings that people get elephants to paint. or maybe its an abstract of a black vw bug crashing into a hedge. all i know is i have the gravel in it now and the water goes in tomorrow so its too late. will just have to hide some of it behind plants and driftwood and things. or maybe it will grow on me.

i thought about leaving a circle of it unpainted and put a wall clock behind it. maybe some fish out there would get a kick out of chasing the second hand as it went round.

[the flash glare was annoying me, so i paintshopped the black box on it]

pj2.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store