Today's Catch!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
hahaha, my pole is literally unbendable which helped :D the top snapped a while ago. Also had the drag on tight and it almost ran off with everything

what areas do you fish?
Broomsticks make the hauling easier. I use medium-light gear back when it was all about the fight. Now I need a broomstick rod to haul them in. My drag was tight as well but it holds at 12lbs. Going to have to switch to my heavy gear I guess. You should try light gear fishing.

I fish Long Island Sound usually inside the Westbrook (CT) breakwater since I got rid of my boat. I fish from the beach w/o a surf rod. I have a small 10' tender and a friend keeps telling me to take out his 16'. Maybe I will next summer.

Thank you everyone. BTW - he made a great meal!

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
Broomsticks make the hauling easier. I use medium-light gear back when it was all about the fight. Now I need a broomstick rod to haul them in. My drag was tight as well but it holds at 12lbs. Going to have to switch to my heavy gear I guess. You should try light gear fishing.

I fish Long Island Sound usually inside the Westbrook (CT) breakwater since I got rid of my boat. I fish from the beach w/o a surf rod. I have a small 10' tender and a friend keeps telling me to take out his 16'. Maybe I will next summer.

Thank you everyone. BTW - he made a great meal!
That's awesome!
I fish the Long Island sound as well, I fish in Gradner's Bay

Plec123

AC Members
Sep 12, 2009
dude we should totally go fishing sometime! we gotta set a date to go fish off east wharf in madison or something.

Nue

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Salt Lake City
Real Name
Grayson
Nice catch! Wish we had blue fish around here. Mostly rainbows, cutthroat, and sunfish.

Posted on mobile.aquariacentral.com

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
dude we should totally go fishing sometime! we gotta set a date to go fish off east wharf in madison or something.
I fish from the boat launch on the West end. That is across the river inlet on the other side. Just a bit more south of the moored boats. The Menunketesuck River Inlet I think? I also fish under the bridge by the Ice House.

Plec123

AC Members
Sep 12, 2009
I fish from the boat launch on the West end. That is across the river inlet on the other side. Just a bit more south of the moored boats. The Menunketesuck River Inlet I think? I also fish under the bridge by the Ice House.
i go from either of the wharfs in madison, and once in a while on one of my friends boats.

hamsterman

AC Members
Nov 8, 2005
Rhode Island
I used to fish light a few years ago with a 5-6' ugly stick and 10 lb test line in the bay for porgies, snappers, fluke, and small stripers. That lasted until the rod broke and I started targeting bigger fish so I upgraded to 20lb test line.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store