Top Fin Tanks any good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RockabillyChick

Kilt-lifter
Nov 5, 2005
Washington state
i have a top fin 20 gallon long, but it doesnt have water in it, and never has. just 50 pounds of sand and land hermit crabs.

reality

New Mexico Space Port - 2007
Aug 20, 2005
albuquerque, nm
I just bought a topfin 18g from petsmart, got it home and noticed that the rear right corner was about 1 inch taller than the front left, not even close to level. so I took it back and had to dig through about 6 of them b4 I found one that was square. one of them had a quarter inch over lap of the front and side corner

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
How different things are in the US and Costa Rica, where I live.

Before reading so many topics about tank brands, I'd never thogut about it.
Most LFS here build their own tank for sale. And no one worries about the maker of the tank nor pays for a branded tag sticked to the glass. For instance, I can get a 50 gallon tank with a wooden hood and a stand, all for ¢65000, wich is roughly $130 in the LFS. If I build it, I can lower cost to less than 90 bucks. I'd like to know how much would that tank cost where you live.

OFF TOPIC:
I've also seeing a lot of "americanized" hardware stores that sell their stuff at ridicoulosly high prices because that screw and nut you need to fix your bycicle comes in a fancy blister that easily doubles the actual value of the screw. I'm used to go to the hardwarte store, ask for a screw and get it in my hand. Pay a few cents for it, and walk away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store