Tour de France

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Ok. What does everybody think now that the first group of rides is over? Lance is in 6th place, but can probably be considered to be in 1st place because it's doubtful that any of current top five will be competitive over the long haul.

Will Lance be able to maintain or increase his lead over Ulrich?

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
I still don't know whether or not Ullrich is hiding good or bad form. Everything I've heard thus far would suggest that he is lighter and fitter than ever.

That being said, I really just don't think anyone can consistently beat Lance in the mountains. Lance has beaten Ullrich BADLY in the mountains in past years with ease. Barring unforseen mishaps I still think its all Lance. He's racing very smart right now.

I think the real Tour starts on Friday, the first day in the mountains.

Tom

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Lance raced a very smart stage today and grabbed the yellow. Number six is looking more and more like a probability rather than a possibility.

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
Got to agree with that, it was a pretty convincing ride and 6 is looking more & more of a reality. Ullrich didn't look too bad today either but I think the gap is just too much. There are a few other there or there abouts but I just don't see any of them being consistently strong enough to stop Armstrong.....

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
I think the fact that Ullrich tried to make a move and gain some time on Armstrong, but failed says a lot. I think if Ullrich loses any more time to Armstrong in the time trials tomorrow he might ride in support of Kloden the rest of the tour. It'll be interesting to see if Basso or Kloden will be serious contenders.

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Don't feel sad for him Andy. He still is a hero. He accomplished a lot more than anyone expected of him.

Lance blew the pack away in the time trial today. He put another 1'01" between himself and Ullrich, 1'41" between himself and Kloden and 2"22 between himself and Basso. It's really starting to look like -- barring an unforseen mishap -- nobody's going to be able to challenge Lance for the title.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
Its all over but the cryin'

Wrap #6 up and pack it away. Of course, anything can happen in terms of crashes and mechanicals but barring just plain old back luck this looks like a win.

Does anyone take the Tour as seriously as this guy? His team is like a dream team of cyclists and there is NO team more focused on their leader than this one. With the exception of one abbreviated attempt by Padrnos to join a breakaway the other day the USPS has not done anything that could be construed as self serving. Amazing.

Tom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store