Trumpet snails not moving, dead?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
I must be the only human on the planet that can't keep trumpet snails alive. I bought some granifera snails off another forum. They didn't arrive in the greatest shape, but I figured once I got them out of the shipping water into better conditions in my tank, they would perk up and thrive. Wrong. They all died eventually. So I just recently got a shipment of ramshorn snails and regular old Malaysian trumpet snails. They all seemed to be moving at first. Now all I see of the trumpet snails are shells lying around on the sand surface, except for ONE moving trumpet snail. The ramshorn snails seem to be doing great and even breeding, apparently, because I saw a baby yesterday. I don't think the trumpet snails are actually dead, I can see them inside their shell and they are nice and brown and don't look decayed, but they just don't MOVE. What's up? I do good maintenance, when I test don't have any ammonia, low or no nitrite, nitrates a little high but nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it might be the copper in the CSM+B, but everything I've read says the copper in it is not high enough to hurt anything unless you are WAY overdosing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store