Two Questions, if Anyone Could Help: AquaClear 110 Media & Python Water Changer...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Yes. Turning the cold water tap on is what creates the suction to pull water from the tank. Once started however, you can (as George was saying) stop the tap water and continue draining the tank water though more slowly, and this can run down the sink. I know that a few times when I have disconnected the Python from the tap to use the tap to rinse the filter and the other end was still in the tank, it continued to drain the tank but very slowly. If the "drain" is lower, say outside, then it would presumably be faster.

Byron.
Alright, thanks; I'll have to buy it and stop back in here with any issues I may encounter...

Evanleigh

Poprocks!
Mar 9, 2014
St. George, Utah
Real Name
Evanleigh
Camera Used
iphone 6s
Did you buy the python?

I love my Aqueon water changer/gravel cleaner! I use it every week and couldn't imagine doing a bucket water change. The only thing is I wish the vacuum nozzle was a bit thinner so I could clean the gravel between my plants. For now I just gently stir the water up over the heavy use spots and siphon out that area of water. It's a 20 footer and barely reached to the nearest faucett, but I think you can get a 30 and a 50 foot water changer as well.

I really like the idea of siphoning the water into the yard because I live in the desert and every drop counts.

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Did you buy the python?

I love my Aqueon water changer/gravel cleaner! I use it every week and couldn't imagine doing a bucket water change. The only thing is I wish the vacuum nozzle was a bit thinner so I could clean the gravel between my plants. For now I just gently stir the water up over the heavy use spots and siphon out that area of water. It's a 20 footer and barely reached to the nearest faucett, but I think you can get a 30 and a 50 foot water changer as well.

I really like the idea of siphoning the water into the yard because I live in the desert and every drop counts.
Hi Evan and thanks for commenting...

No I haven't bought the Python yet (trying to cough up the 100 bucks they want for this thing on Amazon); I too have an Aqueon water changer/gravel cleaner with the "priming bulb" that I like very much, but I cannot do the bucket carrying anymore...our Aqueon is a short one, a few feet long, and the problem now is that I need AT LEAST 100 feet of tubing to be able to reach our bathtub from the room the tank is in...:mad2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store