Tyler79Durdan's "AC 40" new (to me) tank build thread. 56K pic warning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Way cool , keep the pics coming. You should have this thread in the diy section .

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
Thanks for all the kind reply's people...

A few updates.

DONT USE SILICONE to attach acrylic to glass...
Muligan on that one!

Got the new Gretch(sunsun) filter...

Resealed the entire tank after realizing that silicone was the wrong choice for that application, and should have used Titan Bond two part epoxy stuff...

Have to make another Overflow Box cause after I got it off, I stepped on it.:duh: This is not what I call Job Security(or hobby security)...

-Aaron

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
Sweet diy rock formation. i have to try that one...

Amazilia

AC Members
Mar 31, 2010
Can't wait to see it all done...Looks great!

tyler79durdan

Director Of Plantasia?
Dec 12, 2009
Michigan
aaronspet.webs.com
Thanks for all the kind reply's people...

A few updates.

DONT USE SILICONE to attach acrylic to glass...
Muligan on that one!

Got the new Gretch(sunsun) filter...

Resealed the entire tank after realizing that silicone was the wrong choice for that application, and should have used Titan Bond two part epoxy stuff...

Have to make another Overflow Box cause after I got it off, I stepped on it.:duh: This is not what I call Job Security(or hobby security)...

-Aaron
Ok so here are some pics of my seal job without the step by step, and a little late...

So a few side notes...

Always use clean blades and change them often...

Always clean glas several times and after you cut all the old silicone off, scrape repeatedly until no silicone film left on blade...

Sorry for the late pics but a few were confused about whether this happened or not...

-Aaron

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store