upgrade soon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
So, my dad accidentally let it slip that he and my boyfriend are getting me a 125 gal tank for Christmas. Needless to say, I am beyond excited. I'm usually really good about avoiding impulse buys (at least with fish), but after hearing about what the near future holds, I got a little carried away and purchased a new addition. (pics below) Again, obviously 55 gal is not ideal (actually, way too small) for these guys, but they're all getting more than double an upgrade in a couple months. Plus, he's so tiny right now, and I just couldn't resist. I love him already, and he is adjusting so well and eating like a pig. Can't wait until the new year!

i purposely leave the algae on the glass, because I don't want my snails running out of food. There are so many of them in there, they do a really good job of cleaning it for me. :)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Congrats on the pending upgrade!!! Nice addition too.

I won't call the tang police on ya :) but keep a close eye on it and feed the tank well with garlic soaked spirulina brine/mysis. I'm sure you know that hippos are one of the most ich prone fish in the hobby.

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
Thanks, Greech!!

I keep inspecting the hippo to make sure he's staying healthy, and so far so good. He ate well again this morning, and is out and about, and not afraid of any of the other fish. My yellow tang even darted at him, because he can be a jerk like that, and the hippo held his own and darted back, even though he's only a third of the size of the yellow. ha. He seems to prefer Nori over anything else, so I'm making sure to keep some in there for him to pick at... at least until he's a bit bigger. Thanks again.

vera222

AC Members
Apr 5, 2010
Thanks, guys! I'm really anxious to set up the 125. My 55 is looking tinier and tinier every day... :)

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
You misinterpreted.
Actually at the meeting (they're purchasing from a group I don't belong to) the idea was to get you a tank with a 125 mm canon. The engine on the one they picked out needs some work, but hey, that's what relatives are for.

Take the fish back and start saving money for ammo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store