URGENT: Betta needs help!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Lexi... there's definite pineconing. I hope your eyes are not deceiving you and that his dropsy is improving. I would keep up the clean water, and try again to get him to eat a pea.

This time, get some fresh garlic, or garlic juice that you find in those jars of minced garlic, mix some of it with the mushed pea. Garlic is a great appetite stimulant and fishies love it. Maybe this will entice him to eat some pea. If he is constipated at least the pea could improve that issue.

If his edema is true dropsy there may be, and probably is, some damage to his internal organs; kidneys or heart or liver, or all of the above. The best you can do is provide him with perfect water conditions; his damaged kidneys will have less to deal with if his water is pristine. That, and your wonderful companionship, attention and affection.

For however long he lives... he has had a true friend in you. You rescued him from dreadful conditions and he is obviously loving his new home and enjoying your attention. You've done a wonderful thing for him, however it turns out.

Please keep us posted, and we are all pulling for you and your little guy.

EDIT: I don't know what to advise regarding the antibiotics. He may benefit from another course of the Maracyn II, but I don't know if it would be more of a stress on his organs than a benefit to him. I hope someone with more experience with dropsy will advise regarding meds.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Thanks, Mel, that really helps :) I do see the pineconing, but I would have to agree that I was really hoping NOT to see it and that may have had some effect...lol... I will wait to hear before adding more antibiotics.

montanafish gal

AC Members
Aug 1, 2009
Montana
how is he doing?

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
How is he, Lexi? My life has been sort of upside down lately, and I haven't checked on Lenny... I have thought of him, though, and you. How are things going?

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
He is pretty much the same, tomorrow I am going to change his water and try the pea with garlic. I will let you know how it turns out :)

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
Try something internal like ampicillin antibiotic mixed with garlic juice. Epsom salt in very low concentrations will act as a laxative if you think it is constipated and won't eat peas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store