vegetable eating fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elmj

AC Members
Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
i heard you could feed vegetables to your fishes especially after buying otto cats and then they eat up all the algea in your tank and there is no other food for them!

could someone help me out here? what kind of vegetable can go in? especially how do we prepare the cucumber for the otto cats and how do we get them to try it?

thanks!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Originally posted by scott
I keep a small rock with a rubberband around it. I snap the veg under the band. Spinach, romaine, zuke, cuke, my oscar loves peas.
I do the same thing scott. I keep two rocks in there with rubberbands around them and I just put the zucchini right under every time. The rubberbands have been in there for awhile now, I think I should change them before they break. They are starting to look a little crappy.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Steamed lettuce

Otos and shrimp and the rosy barbs love steamed lettuce. Either microwave wet lettuce for a few sconds or add wet lettuce to a warm pan to wilt, then drop it in the tank.

brianfl

AC Members
Apr 7, 2003
South Florida
Visit site
Zucchini is much more beneficial to them than cucumbers. Cucumbers have little or no nutritional value. Just slice up a zucchine and anchor the slice with a rock or one of the specially made veggie holders available at most lfs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store