Veggies for Botiine loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Ive been sloppy lately and would like to hear some of the creative ways you guys feed veggies to your loaches. What kinds-o-greens? How do you prepare it? and What your using to keep it on the bottom? Spring is commin and I would like to grow something special for my fav. fish. What should I grow to feed my modesta loach? Trying to curb its tendancy to snap holes in Anubius. I feed lots of the new Hikari sinking waffers so hes very active ,dark and happy. Just want the best for my pal. Come spring he gets little trout dilly worm treats too.:) Luv my Loach.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Raw romaine, zucchini & leaf lettuce are what I feed most. I use a veggie clip weighted with plant strip weights & tie a long piece of nylon string or unwaxed, unflavored dental floss it to make retrieval easy. I put them in at my dinner time & remove in the am.

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Thanks. I think Ill grow some Zucchini this summer. I like zucchini bread better than banana. Do you nuke it or boil it at all to soften? or let em munch it crispy. Think Ill tie a plant weight to fishin line and see if I get any nibbles on this old squash I found in the back of fridge. I didnt think of lettuce but turtles love it and people eat it so couldnt hurt. and Yes I plan on doing more water changes with the addition of veg. matter mush. I think this 7" modesta ]v[onster would attack anything close to his fav stump. Liveaquaria.com finally has modestas in stock again and I just went and blew more cash on eco-complete and plants, by the time I have cash again Im sure theyll be sold out. I need afew more modestas. Why are Clowns in every store and no modesta?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I use raw veg. "old" may not be fresh enough, if you wouldn't eat don't feed it to your fish. Take it out BEFORE it turns to mush, use a net to remove floating bits & pick any off the filter intake.

I don't know where in NH you are but Zoo Creatures in Plaistow might be worth a call, I've seen modesta there but it's been a long time.

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Im just outside of Keene in the southwestern most town in NH. Right on the Mass/VT border. I have to explore more out of the way pet stores theres afew I need to check out. Im close with the folks @One Stop Country Pet in Brattleboro VT. and in Keene NH They can order me stuff but I pay more for it. I need a good summertime roadtrip but my crap car(s) dont get me far without trouble. Ill make sure to remove the veg leftovers in the AM Thanx again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store