very custom 55 stand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I also am a contractorbuilder.

Is it furniture grade lumber? It is bowed and it isn't lens effect.

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
it's made from 2x4's and then painted , the skin on the center section is osb. i will be posting plans for it in a day or two so i can put all structure doubts to rest and others can build one.i swear i built it like a house, joistes beams and posts.
that's why the storage area is so small.

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan

construction grade that i let fully dry for about 6 months(built from scrap lumber) there is no bow to it
mabey a slight bow in the trim

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Hang on, I'll go get new glasses... :rolleyes:

Plecosterone

We don't need no stinking badges!
Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
You don't have to convince me, I believe you. Too many people think you need the equivelant of something that will support mega tons for a stand. It is construction method more than material that makes stands strong. Again I like it, if for no other reason than it starts controversy in here....lol :rolleyes:

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
You don't have to convince me, I believe you. Too many people think you need the equivelant of something that will support mega tons for a stand. It is construction method more than material that makes stands strong. Again I like it, if for no other reason than it starts controversy in here....lol :rolleyes:
it's nice to know that at least someone has a little faith , i'll put all doubts to rest when i post the plans in a couple days.

Ketso

Cityfied Redneck
Jan 26, 2007
Peebles, Ohio

I thought the same thing. :) Then I took a straight edge and held it against my puter screen (flat panel). I think it is one of those elyptical contusions.

Or maybe an optical illusion?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store