Very new guy with new tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Looking good woodright.

kryptic4l

AC Members
May 21, 2007
Antartica
Im a wee bit confused here, because it doesnt look like there is much room for a decent skimmer in that wetdry,,, maybe its just picture angles

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Nice plumbing. Is that a one way valve in the return just before the ball valve? I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that these aren't a great idea because they tend to gum up and not work.
Again, I could be wrong....
Looks really good though. very clean!
Robbie

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Im a wee bit confused here, because it doesnt look like there is much room for a decent skimmer in that wetdry,,, maybe its just picture angles
I'm not sure witch kind I'm going to get but there is a space in the sump that is 12"Hx8.5"Wx11.5D if I want to put it in there. If not I can hook it on the front of the sump.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Nice plumbing. Is that a one way valve in the return just before the ball valve? I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that these aren't a great idea because they tend to gum up and not work.
Again, I could be wrong....
Looks really good though. very clean!
Robbie
No it's not a check valve it is a union.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Cabinet is built!

I have finished the cabinet. Now we just have to take it all apart and paint it inside and out. Then I can install it in place for good.

For those who were wondering about the Maxim Mags under the Fuge they are gone now and I have made a base for it like I said I was going to. :O)

We ordered the heaters tonight and should be here in a few days. We got 2 Visitherm 200 submersibles stealth heaters. We are going to put them in the sump under the LR rubble camber.

Well here are a few more pics for you guys of the finished cabinet before paint. Enjoy!

Cabinet 001.jpg Cabinet 002.jpg Cabinet 003.jpg

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
OK I have been getting mixed opinions about my wet/dry filter. So say that it's a good idea and some say it's a bad idea. Please give me your opinions on the idea and why. I figure if it gives me a nitrates problem like some say it will then I can just remove the LR rubble and the egg create and it then will be just a sump. I figured the more LR the better but some say that it will cause a cycle all the time. Is this true?

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I don't see how LR rubble would do that.....

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
I don't see how LR rubble would do that.....
I don't either but that's what they are saying and me being so new I'm not sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store