Vinegar to reduce water Ph

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
I like what Josh just said. I am going to follow that advice and "stop worrying about my ph now". Thank you Josh.

edchoy

AC Members
Nov 3, 2004
Did your wife take into account of the buffering action of the water? Sometime trying to artificially adjust the pH is like trying to hit a moving target because in an aquarium unlike a lab there are many outside factors and can result in unforeseen consequences.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
The most dangerous thing in an aquarist's tool box is a water test kit.

Unless you need some very specific conditions for breeding you are better off just letting the pH fall where ever it does and letting your fish adapt to it. Most fish are very adaptable and can adapt to a really wide range of pH values.

In most river systems pH can change dramatically from precipitation in a matter of minutes to hours.

Andy

OrQidz

AC Members
Feb 18, 2007
I agree with everyone about not worrying about the pH, but if you absolutely had to, I would go for some nice tannin leaching wood or peat moss over putting acetic acid in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store