Want to paint my egg-crate panels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
you can buy black egg crate off line. I wouldn't paint it, and black would absorb light anyway.

I have white egg crate over my tank and there is a noticable difference between when its on and off the tank already... so putting black there would probably block it more.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I have white egg crate over my tank and there is a noticable difference between when its on and off the tank already... so putting black there would probably block it more.
I have been rethinking the entire thing anyway. Can you tell me what the noticable difference is? Are you referring to the heat or another difference with the lights affecting your tank?

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
oh sure, i meant you can see a difference in the amount of light actually in the tank. Once you put any cover over the water it will restrict the amount of light going in. With my white eggcrate it reflects it all over the room and with black it'll probably absorb the light. So any eggcrate cover will reduce the light going into the tank but for me its necessary so my fish don't jump, while still using halides.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
but for me its necessary so my fish don't jump, while still using halides.
Exactly. That's why I need them. I need them on my FOWLR because my one bizarre clownfish constantly likes to jump in the overflow and I'm afraid he'll jump out of the tank one of these days. Also for my sleeper gold-head goby that I want to replace, and the same for the reef tank. I just want to protect my fish but I guess there's always a drawback.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
There was a ecent thread on here about Krylon Fusion...do a search for iy.

I'd recommend it. One of the main reasons for that paint is refurbishment of plastic deck furniture. I think it would work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store