water conditioner

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wilson004

AC Members
Jun 29, 2005
my bottle of AQUA PLUS is empty and i am goin to the store to buy another bottle of declorinator.should i but the same brand or get something like prime because it seems everyone uses prime for some reason.is there a difference in the two?

MrAquarium

AC Members
Mar 13, 2005
Go to walmart and get a bottol or 2 or Aqua Safe, treats allot of water, and I like it....it last way longer then start right....let me grab the bottle, OK it;s a 3.38 FL OZ bottle and treats 200 gallons, Neutralizes Chlorine, Chloramines, and heavy metals harmfull to fish,
Enhances Matural, Protective Slime Coating of fish,
Complete formula, works in seconds.

I really like this stuff, and I have not lost a singal fish with this stuff.....
It;s like the nromal, 1 tsp per 10g treatments.
Terta Aqua
AquaSafe, comes in a yellow bottle for like 2.98 unless it;s marked down then it;s around 2.38

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I'd avoid aqua safe. It's gooey. Also, I am not sure what the active ingredient is, but I am leary when it says it "neutralizes" chloramines. That could simply mean it breaks the chlroine/ammonia bond and gets rid of the chlorine. In so doing, it has gotten rid of chloramine as well and simply left ammonia. You know, ammonia that deadly poison we test for regularly? Yeah, anyway, Prime and Amquel both treat for chlorine and ammonia by converting chlorine into chloride and ammonia into ammonium, which are safe for fish. I prefer Prime since it is made by Seachem and as my apprentice Darth Kasakato pointed out, a little goes a long way.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Aqua Safe is one of the brands Iwas talking about in another thread on this same topic within the last couple of days. They lie by omission. They say "Neutralizes Chlorine, Chloramines, and heavy metals harmfull to fish". this translates into: This product breaks the chlorine-ammonia bond, so does "neutralize" chloramine. It converts the chlorine to chloride, so also does neutralize chlorine. What they fail to say is: "By breaking the chlorine-ammonia bond, and neutralizing chlorine, we are leaving only the highly toxic ammonia released by breaking the chlorine-ammonia bond to damage or possibly kill your fish".

If you have chloramines in your water, you need a product which states (1) breaks the chlorine-ammonia bond, or "neutralizes" chloramines. (2) Neutralizes chlorine. (3) Neutralizes ammonia. If your product does not specify each of those three things, you are correct in assuming that the unmentioned requirement is not done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store