weight loss help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
i was just wondering what was good for some of you in loosing weight? exersize, diet? no carbs, and pills.

also is there any sites to make up a help plan .

nate

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Eat a lot of leafy green veggies, drink plenty of ice water and get out for a walk every night. ;)

Swimming and raquette ball works wonders, too.

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
The only thing that is working for me is a healthy low fat diet and a great deal of increased physical activity (including ... yes... excercise). BUT!! I am taking it one step at a time. The food change started right away, with the exception of coffee w/creamer (but I am weening myself off both).

The first week I started by adding a brisk walk to my normal daily activity. I was walking 2.5 miles in 40 minutes. This was a big deal for me as I am also asthmatic. I kept this up for a few weeks. Then I started to jog (which is a painful thing for my arthritic knees) in 1/8 mile intervals. I would walk a brisk mile to the track. Then jog 1/2 the track and walk 1/2, jog 1/2, walk 1/2 etc, then brisk walk home.
I am know up to 3.5 miles in 40 minutes. I am never going to be a Joyner-Kersey, but I will be healthier. Last week I added some small free weight excersises and some core ball work to my daily schedule.

I am clinically obese. I am 5' 5", weigh 246 pounds and have a BMI of 39. The first 2 weeks of my *change of life style*, I lost 12 pounds. Now that may not seem like much, but it was 5% of my previous weight. I have kept it off for a month and now am increasing my physical activity a little more. I see a difference in my body, but more importantly I feel more energetic.

Here is the only site I have been using:

http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/default.htm

Best of luck.

jessicar613

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Kentucky
Look at freetrainers.com - its awesome. Diet and cardio are all good but you'll see results a lot faster if you work on your body composition, not just your weight. There's a really good forum at freetrainers, lots of helpful people there, all different shapes sizes and levels of fitness. :)

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
thanks people

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
You are welcome. Just have faith and keep yourself motivated.

:grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store