Weird spots in dry tank (pic)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I have a tank that's been sitting dry in my living room since September, waiting for some fish. I had it all scrubbed out and got almost every single little spot off the glass.

a couple days ago, i noticed little brown ovals had appeared on the glass inside the tank, no more than 4 inches from the bottom. I have no idea what they are, but to me they resemble maybe egg marks? maybe i didn't clean it as well as i thought, and they were clear, but are now rotting and changing color?

Thank you!

Here's a pic of the things. They appeared in a tank that has been dry for 2 months.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
:iagree:

werid............b4 i saw pic, i was gonna say algae as it might have had a bit of water.........looks really odd, did u try clewaning those?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
moth wings?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I'll clean them off in the morning and see how they come off. maybe they'll flake off like fish scales, i really doubt moth wings since my house is a bug free zone (except the occasional ant colonization attempt)

thanks for the suggs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store