well my clowns found the anemone!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
just wanted to let anyone who cares know that my clowns have taken up residence in my new rbta! didn't take long at all either, i got it on... friday i think. i am soooo happy, i'll try to uncover my poor feather duster tomorrow. i do have 2 questions tho... my female clown chases the male out of the anem so he has to swim just outside of it. is this normal? i'm hoping she'll let him in after a while, it's only been since sometime last night that they found the anem. second question - the female is sucking on the tentacles of the anem. it's like she's on a pacifier or something. she just lays in there with the tip of a tentacle in her mouth. if she can't get to the tip she just grabs on farther down. is that normal? she seems to be orally fixated cause she's the one who ripped apart my dusters... anywho here's a picture of the happy guys!

pics not great but you get the idea :)

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Pic is fabulous! I knew your black and whites would look stunning in that anemone and that photo is proof of it. From my understanding it is very common for the female to chase the male out of one like that, especially a smaller anemone. She might eventually let him in or he might have to be content sleeping on the "sofa".

Riverserver

i r 2pro4u
Apr 13, 2007
That's so cool. I thought it wouldn't since it was a tank bred, but proved me wrong :D. Congrats :)

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Congratulations, looks like one happy clown!

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
Pic is fabulous! I knew your black and whites would look stunning in that anemone and that photo is proof of it. From my understanding it is very common for the female to chase the male out of one like that, especially a smaller anemone. She might eventually let him in or he might have to be content sleeping on the "sofa".
thanks grins!
that's good to hear (that she may let him in eventually), just a bit ago she went out and he went in and when she came back they had quite the squabble! she does seem to get pi$$ed at the anem tho, with the lights out it's trying to go back behind the rock and she's all bent out of shape about it! she's diving in and biting the heck outta the poor thing! is that normal?

AshtonMitchell

AC Members
Aug 11, 2007
that looks awesome man.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store