wesleydnunder's planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
117.jpg Well, after a major thinning last weekend and the addition of five pearl gouramis and ten sterbai cories, I decided to post a pic of my 125 gal. It still has three species of hillstreams; some breeding sewellia lineolatas, and non-breeding gastromyzon scitulus and g. zebrinus. Also several hundred Sulawesi malawa shrimp and about a skillion mts. The substrate is pool filter sand with driftwood and river rock. The plants are anubias barteri, a, frasieri, crypt. spiralis, c, wendtii bronze, bolbitis, java moss; medium light, no ferts, no co2. Water changes have been bumped up to 50% weekly.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Sweet looking tank!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I see a PH in the right rear corner. Are you running UG filters?

Reactions: wesleydnunder

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
if you look you can see a sponge on the left side, I expect both form a hillstream manifold with the powerhead as the output.

Reactions: wesleydnunder

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
if you look you can see a sponge on the left side, I expect both form a hillstream manifold with the powerhead as the output.
Dougall is correct, Jessica. The intakes to the river manifold are on the left side down low with sponges over the intakes. The powerheads on the right are the manifold output. When I first set up this tank it was for hillstream loaches and gobies, both of which like lots of water movement and hi oxygen levels. Since its initial setup, the stiphodons and Zhouis have passed; they lived around five years. The sewellia lineolatas have reproduced many times but the gastromyzons have yet to spawn. The tank had gotten quite jungly and there were very few fish for the tank's size. I've started stocking it as a community tank.

If you look closely at the lower right corner you can see the manifold pipes. When I pulled a bunch of crypt. Spiralis last weekend, the root masses were so huge that it literally lifted the pipes out of the sand. I may have to strip everything out of that end of the tank to bury them again...not sure if I want to do that :D

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store