Wet Dry System Conversion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Horchata

The General
Mar 24, 2008
BAY AREA CALIFORNIA
www.myspace.com
I'd really like to go from cannister to wet dry system. I have a 55 corner thats fairly snug against the wall. There is no overflow on the tank, and I do not want to drill. Is my only option moving the tank away from the wall and using an overflow box?

thanks

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
if you want to convert... the only option is to drill or put on an overflow

so unless you want the overflow on the front of the tank.. your gonna have to move it lol

thincat

AC Members
Jun 10, 2008
Well, If you don't want or need a Sump then all you need to do is to hook up a HOB skimmer, in this case to the side if you don't have room in the back and then add LR and when that is going good, cut out the cannister. Since you work at a LFS, then you should be able to get cured LR so as not to restart your cycle. That said, it would be best to move the tank out, drill and add an overflow and return.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
If you go with a CPR C90 Overflow box you'll need about 5" of room behind your tank. Do you have any photos of your aquarium? Check on Craigslist. There's a guy here in the Sacramento area that charges $10.00 a hole.

Last edited:

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
also.. keep in mind that drilling a tank is really not as difficult as some people make it out to be

if you dont wanna do it yourself (easy).. then most LFS do it for around $20 a hole

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
also.. keep in mind that drilling a tank is really not as difficult as some people make it out to be

if you dont wanna do it yourself (easy).. then most LFS do it for around $20 a hole
As long as you are sure that the glass isn't tempered. :) Call the LFS and also glass shops.

Horchata

The General
Mar 24, 2008
BAY AREA CALIFORNIA
www.myspace.com
thanks guys. i'm on my phone right now, so i'll post pix when i get home. theres a little bit of reef in the tank. i'm stocking up from a big crash. Greg, do you know how to get in touch with that guy? none of the lfs around here drill that i know of.

thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store