What are some good tyoes of cories?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
I dont think one of them has been doing any shimmiing. Ill watch them though. I love those little cories. They are most always moving around trying to find some leftovers. A question. I believe I have a female and 2 males. From what I have heard females are normally bigger in size and have thicker bodies. My 2 that I think are males are more slender and they have smaller heads. They both stick around the bigger one(possibly female) all of the time.

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
From what I've heard, body shape is the way to sex cories, the females being broader and plumper than the males. The two smaller ones you have could just be younger, though, than the big one. It might be too early to tell.

It's fun watching them, isn't it. They generally like to hang out together in a tank, and they'll start playing by chasing each other around. They are indeed cool fish.

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
amen to that clothahump,

I was going to add that in, but it seems that won't be necessary.

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
Yes I know they need a varied diet. They get the flakes that fall to the bottom and they get algea wafers at night. I know they are eating good because they are good and plump. Cichlid Woman, The two males are the smae lenght as the bigger one they are just slimmer. All of them are still doing well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store