What are these things I found in the roots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
So I bought some plants. So I was taking them out of thier container and I found these pebble things, I dind't think anything at first and then I accidentally squished it. It was a liquid filled sac that was like a grey coloured shriveled pea, and there was at least 3 in this plant. are these fertilizers? I disected one, and it was I believe filled with liquid, don't think it was an egg of anything. Another thing that was found was like a baby looking earthworm, it scared the crap out of me and I flushed tht thing down the toilet! Was that a bad thing, the first thing I thought was a parasite from africa, that goes through the skin of humans! There was scary music in the background when I saw it at first too!!! actually I am kidding about the music, that was actually in my head!

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Im not sure of the worm, it might have been a planeria, but thats a pretty random guess.

As far as the bumps, were they actually attached to the roots, or were they just in the root ball?

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
they were in the root ball, I know where you were going with the attached to the root thing, but no they weren't attached, the only thing I can really think of is fertilizer things, but, never seen them like that. Or the other thing was eggs for something.....

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Most likely fert of some sort, a lot of the plants i buy have the same thing if they arent rolled up in root-wool

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store