What Brings You Here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
At this point memories bring me here... but I think you are after why/how I first came here. Well it was quite a while ago and I was trying to learn all I could about fish and aquatic plants at the time. My joined date has been pushed forward at least once because of board/website resets. Find Oriongirl's profile, because I was here when she joined by a few months at least.

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Someone I met through buying aquarium equipment on CL suggested AC. Great advice and nice people.

BucketFishWife

AC Members
May 29, 2012
My husband got a s/w aquarium and joined to get insight into the hobby... I joined so I could understand him ;) now I have 2 of my own f/w tanks and am trying to lure him back from the dark side :)

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I don't remember the exact reason I joined, but it was probably a goldfish-related question, as I was a pretty lousy fishkeeper back then. It was probably my 6 4-5in goldfish in a 30gal tank that brought me here (all have been rehomed, and I'm a decent keeper now :D). I haven't been active on the info-forums, but I do like the GCC for socializing and Mafia Games.

jwjiv

AC Members
Aug 29, 2012
I knew of the aquariacentral.com site from 10 plus years ago looking for species information. Aquariacentral used to host a very thorough species profile section. That doesn't appear to be here anymore. But that's how I know of this site.

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
I've been a long-time discus-keeper, and cut my teeth on the simplydiscus & british & int'l discus-keepers forums.
I have reasonable experience & know-how regarding discus, but so do many others on those 2 forums.
I've even written a guide on getting started with discus, which some of you may have read right here on AC in the Angel fish & discus sub-section of Cichlids.

Anyway, I had been checking around a few other forums & doing some lurking, and noticed that AC (& a couple of other forums) seemed to have quite a few newbie discus-keepers or interested wannabies, who didn't seem to be getting accurate, informed answers to their questions about discus, so I thought I'd join & help out as much as I could, which I really enjoy doing, so as to help newbies avoid problems, mistakes, and fish losses.

I'm happy to be able to contribute here to the extent I can. And I do really enjoy this forum.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I came for the fish, the mafia keeps bringing me back. You can't leave the family.
Wow, exactly this for me too

Sent from my awesome new Samsung Galaxy S3 using MAN app!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store