What CO2 drop checker should I buy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
I strongly suggest Greenleafaquariums.com, I bought my last 2 drop checkers from them for $20 each, the extra money I spent is well worth it for the following reasons: 1. I'm buying from a trusted US site, a store with well-documented excellent customer service and I got it in 3 days from florida and I live in Cali. 2. It came with enough 4kDH solution to last a couple of years or more. Nuff said...

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
In that ebay ad from the UK, the directions state to use the solution and then add some water from the aquarium to it. Is this a correct method?
Bk828;
whats not accurate about the drop checker is the solution/directions it comes with.
1- the solution is a weak ph reagent
2- directions tell you to use tap water

replace the following
1- with a good API ph reagent
2- with a 4dkh solution

Other than that the drop checker is just fine though you can find a cheaper one

The Rockster

May 17, 2007
South Florida
It's simple to make KH water. A little baking soda + Distilled Water & a KH test kit.
green=4 dKH water=30 ppm
5 dKH water=40 ppm
6 dKH water=45 ppm
Note: The real indicators are your fish.
Red Sea Drop Checker:
Pros: Cheap; Made of Plastic; white background to contrast color of solution
Cons: Pain to open

Jag1980

Got Plants?
Aug 18, 2008
Marysville, Wa
What do you guys think about the Red Sea CO2 indicator/drop checker? Is that complete garbage?
I got that one and it seems to work just fine and is nice and small.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I don't have a GH/Kh test kit yet, but I will get one tommorrow to make sure that the mixture really is 4kh. Thanks for your help everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store