What do you do for work?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
I am the Lead Investigator of Loss Prevention at a Neiman Marcus...I catch the thieves lol

all of my tanks are in my sig..just clickey to see the one you want ;)

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA

I am a stay at home mom,My hubby works as a coal miner and can not understand why alot of his money goes to buy rock when he can get me tons for free on his job..Lol.
I have a 135 gallon tank that is almost a year old and a 55 that I cahnged from fresh to salt and is almost ready for fish.

Mermaiden143

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
mars
I work at a stock brokerage firm, and i have a 46 gal bf with african cichlids...venustus, frontosa, albino zebra, and cobalt zebra...these pics were taken with a camera phone, so i dont know how clear they will be

my very first rockscape

G-Man! in the hizzie! Go Big Blue!

Geoffrey, my lil' piggy giraffe

Jimmy Hoffa, my jail bird :)

Miss my puffer

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
michigan
Visit site
I'm a lab tech at a cement plant. Great part about it is I can test the ph with the ph meters at work and post on the forum when we are slow like now (bad part is they are wondering why the metal rod at the end of the ph meter is rusting. I thought they were suppose to be made of some type of nonrusting material, oops). Sorry, no pics. At work and pics are at home.

i_limantara

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Indonesia
i help my parents run their business... electronic business... and we run supermarket electronic...... (i am head of warehouse)
working from 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM..... and continue 9:00 PM until 10:00 PM

i don't have much time to care of my tank...

Humhill

AC Members
Mar 2, 2008
Liberty (Greensboro), NC
I'm a bank teller. My degree was in Agriculture though...
Bryan, my hubby runs the repair dept at the local Best Buy.

No tank pics yet, we're not even fully set up. We have to do a little at a time...

ltopper

AC Members
Apr 19, 2004
Maryland
Visit site
I was just wondering what some of the people that have these tanks that are pack floor to air with corals and fish do for a living to support this hobby? It looks like some of these tanks could be in the 10s of thousands of dollars. My self, I'm a carpenter. If you don't mind saying please post what you do for a living. I guess it's just to see how the tanks match the jobs of the owners.

Please post a FTS if you could.

I'm a professional dog groomer, raise and show our standard poodles and handle other breeds. And for those who fall over laughing at the exaggerated sprayed up hair styles the poodles must show in....first off, I agree! lol BUT, the "cut" actually served a purpose when the breed originated in Germany. Of course they didn't use all the hair volumizers, mousses, and hair sprays back then. The show clips really are a work of art....it takes alot of time and skill to hand scissor one of these dogs. BUT.....mine ar all clipped down naked after they're done showing and I actually prefer them that way. Mine are true retrievers...in the water any chance they can, carrying everything around in their mouths, and some of mine will point and flush birds in the yard.

So, that's where my income comes from......
And this is where it all drains out to............

My fish and tank are an obsession of sorts. I spend way to much time just watching the fish and doing my best to make sure they're all happy and healthy. No one in my family understands....especially not my DH and daughter! lol My dogs are all fed a raw diet (ie, tons of fresh raw meat w/ eggs/ yogurt, cheese each day), I have 2 Arabian horses, 2 cats (also raw fed) , and 3 parrots (who get cooked for and/or fresh fruits, grains, veggies daily) ................................and a partridge in a pair tree! LOL J/K
And also a never ending project house.

I need to get better full tank shots but it's hard where the tank is situated. It's a 125 gal FOWLR (DSB) and a 40 gal sump/refugium (DSB, LR, Chaeto). It's in the wall dividing my office from the club room. From the front it looks like it's on a stand somewhat with the wood trim we put around it. From the back which is in my office there's a white pull down cabinet that allows access and below are two cabinet doors that open to all the plumbing.

125FOWLR.jpg 125FOWLRBack.jpg BackOfCabinet.jpg

Last edited:

crabby bucket

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
OK. Now I've seen it all. Just a carpenter? I'm just a carpenter too, but I'm on the other side of the tracks I guess. The only thing I must say I've learned is to see if there are other people in your area that ever want to trade stuff like corals, rocks and so on. I now have so many frags from swapping, my rocks look like they have 5'oclock shadow. Might be an idea for a future lotto tank. Take care......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store