What do you feed your corals?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Just curious and looking to pick up any tips you all have.

I have mostly softies (Palys, Zoas, Shrooms), one candy cane, and one encrusting monti. They're in a 20G under 130W of PC. Eveything seems to be doing fine, but I'd like to do anything I can to help them thrive. I've been adding Marine Snow by two fishes 2x per week and just recently started adding mysis "juice" (mushed mysis in RO). I'm planning to start target feeding a few of them. My only question is with what. Any suggestions? What works for you?

TIA

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
We use Coral Frenzy, and Black Powder. There are a lot of good ones out there...it may just be a case of trying a few and seeing what your corals respond the best to.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Rod's food is the best for FISH.. it is ok for corals as well, there is small enough food for most corals in Rod's, but some corals need that little extra boost of food now and then and Roti or Oysterfeast are great for that. If I was running a frag tank I would only use Roti or Oyster. Phyto isn't that good for most corals.. some filter feeders like featherdusters may take it, and clams love it, but for the most part Phyto is just too small for most SPS/LPS corals.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
I was just wondering since Rod's has come out with a coral blend now. I was wondering if any one has used it.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
For target feeding some of the LPS, I've used small chunks of fish, or mysis and brine shrimp with a large syringe or turkey baster. I've also just started using cyclopeeze in the main tank 1-2x per week and 4-5x per week in the frag tank, and it seems to be working pretty well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store