what do you guys think so far of my tank?? PICSS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Posiden

AC Members
May 22, 2010
hey guys this is my first attempt at a planted tank....full newbie

its a 10g, with 4.0 wpg, been dosing for 1.5 weeks 1.5 weeks ei method along with flourish, excel, flourish iron n flourish trace, diy c02, using a crappy filter (which is suspect isnt doing it job)

first week, 5 days after i planted

after 3 week...1.5 weeks of ei

my hc carpet doesnt want to grow at all:rant2:
ANY SUGGESTIONS???????????????

and finally the moss ship im trying to grow...lol

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???? FOR A NEWBIE THAT IS!!!

Posiden

AC Members
May 22, 2010
do you guys think that there is a problem with the colors??? they are not as green as some of the pictures of the same plants ive seen on the internet

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Tank looks like it is off to a good start.

HM, and HC need A lot of light to grow carpet like.
4 WPG should be more than enough.
What type of bulbs are you using?
What is their Kelvin rating?

Posiden

AC Members
May 22, 2010
kelvin rating is about 4000 they are 2 philips t12 floursenct plant and aquarium light bulbs

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I'd switch them to 6500k or so it would certainly look better imo. Your HC is HM unless there is HC down there that i cannot see. Looks good :)

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Plant all your plants individually. How long are the lights on? Eight hours is plenty to start. Also, have them on a timer, consistency is important. If your substrate is not meant for planted tanks, CEC might be lacking. I'd then suggest root tabs placed in the substrate.

Also, the moss ship is different, like it ALOT. Tank looks great...

Last edited:

Posiden

AC Members
May 22, 2010
umm im using flouride substratre, os that should not be a problem, and i will try to seperate the bunch...will 6500k lights make my hm grow faster???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store