WHAT EATS BRISTEL WORMS AND IS REEF SAFE?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bdavis27701

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
N.E. Ohio
If you really want to get rid of them, try an arrow crab. They will be gone in no time but bristle worms are a good thing to have, unless you got the coral eatting ones.

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Can you buy bristle worms?

fastbackgly

Molecular Cell Biology Major
Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Buy a piece of liverock and you should get some from that. They seem to just appear eventually. I have some living under the polyps of my star polyp colony. They cruise around.

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
One question though, I read that some type of worm can take advantage of a firefish when it is sleeping, because it remains still and defenseless, and it just gets gobbled up. Do I have to worry about this? Just making sure its not bristle worms.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
One question though, I read that some type of worm can take advantage of a firefish when it is sleeping, because it remains still and defenseless, and it just gets gobbled up. Do I have to worry about this? Just making sure its not bristle worms.
I read that as well when I first started in the hobby. The book I used was referring to bristleworms. However, that is the same book that says you can't breed cardinals!!!!

I was forever trying to trap the worms until I discovered this site!!! Now I leave them alone to clean up my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store