What fish do you long to keep, but cannot?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plecosterone

We don't need no stinking badges!
Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Brook trout. It would be nice to sit in the back yard and catch dinner but the cost of installing a fully equiped stream in the backyard is a little much. I can go fly-in fishing in northern Ontario more than once a year cheaper than the maintenance would be.
I don't think anyone said they had to be tropical fish.....:grinyes::grinyes::grinyes:

OscarMan82

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
Bellevue Oh
mine would be a 100+gal salt water reef and a full set up, but our house don't have the room nor do i have the money at this moment. also i would not trust my 3 young ones around a tank like that, my 3yr old has already dumped food in my fw tanks lord knows what he would do to that one. maybe when i hit the lottery and the kids are older i'll have my dream, till then just happy with what i got.

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
As for me I would like to have an Arapaima gigas (?)

Unfortunately, I don't have a swimming pool to spare. :)

I would also want to own som discus but I'm pretty intimidated. I know that they can be a bit difficult to take care of and is relatively more expensive than other fish here.

hatcheridiot

Call me crazy...Crazy
Apr 19, 2007
Washington State
I'd love to have a largemouth or smallbouth bass but would only do so with a 250g or more tank........hence my problem! Cant afford the tank or the space for it. Maybe someday.

hle_81

AC Members
Dec 9, 2002
florida
Visit site
I'd love to have an asian arowana but they're illegal and expensive.

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Silver Arowana here. I've kept one before, up to the two foot length, but he did'nt really have enough room in his six foot one tank. If I had a 300 gallon, I'd get a silver...

Aoi_Goldfish

Blue fish and love for wildlife
Sep 10, 2007
TN
I'd say an arowana or a lionfish. I've always wanted a lionfish, but the tank size would be in conflict with my other tanks, considering I'm already at the max weight the floor could handle. That and the maintenance required, I'd be afraid I couldn't take proper care of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store