what fish mag do you recomened

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gillfluke

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
NYC
Visit site
fish mag recommendation

Without a doubt ; Tropical Fish Hobbyist
is the gold standard in fish magazines.
They cover a variety of topics in both fresh
and salt water.

You cannot go wrong with TFH....

GillFluke

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
The Hagen one works well for me but it is a pain in the butt when it slips off the glass and you have to reach in and grab it ;)

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Originally posted by fishfreak21
Ive been subscribing to Aquarium Fish for a couple of years now and am not to thrilled with the content so I was wondering what you all read and recomened for good fish mags
Without a doubt Practical fishkeeping, it's the best all round magazine I've ever read. It's got accurate info and excellent advice. Freshwater and marine aquarium magazine can get a little too technical and too much into the marine aspect of fishkeeping leaving FW and BW in the dust. Practical fishkeeping is so thorough, they even rate each and every fish shop in the UK for the annual shop of the year.

I've subscribed to all of the above magazines and I'd choose practical fishkeeping anyday.

blitzen25bm

AC Members
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
i read tropical fish hobbiest the most. always buy the other ones if they look interesting though

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Matak
The Hagen one works well for me but it is a pain in the butt when it slips off the glass and you have to reach in and grab it ;)
Before you remove it, check for algae -- you can use it to clean the glass... Why waste a good dip of the hands?
Can't find that Hagen magazine anywhere!!

:D

ikeepfishes

Registered Member
Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
PFK is the greatest.

I agree PFK is definitely the best fishkeeping magazine around!

For tropical freshwater stuff it's unbeatable, especially if you want to get unbiased opinions on equipment. They do some excellent product tests which I have found invaluable in helping me find the best (and best value) products.

There's also lots of stuff on rare fish too, and the quality of the information seems, to my eyes, to be more up-to-date than that seen in some other fishy mags.

Better still, loads of the articles are online:

PFK website

Happy New Year,
Mike.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store