What goes good with TIGER BARBS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soulmanure

Soulmanure
Jan 27, 2005
San Francisco
I have to agree, tiger barbs are definitely a limiting fish. You can see from my list below, however, that I've been able to keep them with rummy nose tetras--sometimes they school together, sometimes not. My sense is that everything has to do with personality and numbers. I quarantined one of the barbs for a day (long story), and suddenly one of the barbs turned into Dr. Evil and terrorized the entire tank. They are cool fish, though I'm considering returning them in order to have more options in the tank.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
How about a dozen Tiger Barbs and three small Clown Loaches? That is one of my favorite schooling tanks, I've done it several times and still think it makes a great tank. The Clowns get too big while the Tigers are still around, but can be traded in for three samll ones again if you have no bigger tank for them alone.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I use to have a "pack" of tiger barbs with a school of Silver dollars and giant danios. Everybody was too fast to bother anyone else. This was before I changed over to a tetra tank with plants.

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
hello there..

i have a 30g tank with 8 tiger barbs (is that too crowded?)..
the only fish i have with them is a lonely pleco which is about 5-6X bigger than them (the barbs are about 1.5" long)..

i didn't try adding any more fish because they attack anything that i put in the tank, but they don't bother the pleco though, they just chase each other all day...

by the way is my tank overcrowded?? pls help
thanx :help:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store