What is it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Harmless? i didn't put it in my tank...it must die.

thanks for the info
I hate to disappoint you, but you actually did put it in your tank--as in it came with your live rock. It will be relatively difficult to eradicate altogether unless you kill the entire rock, in which case you have wasted money. Beyond that, there is no need to kill it for a number or reasons--one being that these animals actually act as a small filtration source, since they eat small particles and bacteria from the water.

TURBO_CORAL

BIG member
Jan 21, 2009
I hate to disappoint you, but you actually did put it in your tank--as in it came with your live rock. It will be relatively difficult to eradicate altogether unless you kill the entire rock, in which case you have wasted money. Beyond that, there is no need to kill it for a number or reasons--one being that these animals actually act as a small filtration source, since they eat small particles and bacteria from the water.
Why would i be disappointed?

The reason i will remove it is simple: i didn't put it there. If this thing does fine and thrives THEN for some strange reason a crab decides to die in it or whatever the case maybe and it fouls out the water and crashes my tank, i will have wished i removed it. I am not going to take that chance on something i dont need in the tank.

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
Yea ive been wondering wut those where, eventhough my tank is over a year old now, they just stared showing up.

And turbo, becareful picking it off, make sure to get everythign off.

Because I was didnt know what it was and thought it some kind of bad growth i had picked it off. I had missed some apparently, because some black stuff startged growing where I had killed it.

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Sponges come and go all the time. It's not going to foul your tank. A crab is just as likely to die in some other unseen location, denying any oportunity to remove it. You'll never be able to sanitize your reef, and why try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store