What is it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
You may as well forget trying to explain the sponge to Turbo. Sounds like he/she is determined to remove this thing from the tank.

Turbo, even dry rock will sometimes have a hitch hiker make it into your tank. My dry rock that I through in just for some aqua scaping ended up have a couple of small feather duster pop open once the water was right. I figure it was just a hidden benefit since they are filter feeders. Rather than trying to pick the sponge off, maybe it's not too late and it hasn't sent out little seeds for reproduction, tank the rock out and wash/soak it in fresh water. That might/should kill any saltwater life remaining on the rock. Just my 2 cents.

TURBO_CORAL

BIG member
Jan 21, 2009
There are many live things on my live rock, but this will not be one of them. This is not in a reef tank and i am not worried about removing all traces of this animal, BUT i will not allow something that could get large enough to crash my tank if it decides to die. It was easy to remove and now is not going to be a problem down the line.

Problem = fixed

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
This is not in a reef tank and i am not worried about removing all traces of this animal, BUT i will not allow something that could get large enough to crash my tank if it decides to die.
If this is the case and you fear something dying and crashing your tank, you may as well empty it now. Fish and corals do die and sometimes they (fish) can get into spots that you don't notice for a few days and your tank crashes. One fact about aquariums - things die. I don't know of one person who has or had an aquarium that something didn't die in the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
Oops, One more comment. If this is not in a reef tank, then why did you start the thread in the "Marine Reef Keeping" thread?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Okay. The OP has gotten the answer they were looking for and have made actions according to what they deemed necessary. Their tank, their decision and no problem on my end. I understand feelings and concerns on all angles, but I'm going to close this as I don't want it degenerating into something else. TURBO_CORAL, you are welcome to have it reopened at your own request, just shoot me or one of the other SW (or global) mods a pm and we'll reopen it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store