What is the ugliest cichlid???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Burtess

AC Members
Apr 2, 2006
rosita said:
Whoa now, that fish is downright FUGLY!! And to think people create it as a hybrid!?!? Well, guess it just goes to show . . . something for everyone :eek:
Though not for everyone, the above mentioned fish just ooooze personality!!
I love the look of a big male Midas/RD, hope mine gets like that when he's all grown up.
I think the blood parrots are unattractive as well, but many people I have talked to say they are cool and personable fish...

Burt :)

Gian krlo

GT expert!! :)
Dec 26, 2005
Union County, NJ
re:

mmm i think the GT!!! no im joking :sim: they are the most beautiful fish hahaha.. well i dont like flower horns specially with big humps and alot of intensive colors

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
In my opinion, the ugliest cichlids are dyed parrots with cropped tails.

And flower horns with cropped tails. They call them "heart-shaped" here by the way, those frreakin *******s. :mad2:

Last edited:

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
Blood Parrots, period. Dyed, un-dyed, mutilated or not they are super ugly deformed hyrids.
I dislike hybrids period, but flowerhorns can be very beautiful.
Some FH afficiandos would say that that nuchal hump is way too big, others would pay major money for it...
I like cichlids with nuchals, but that is too much for my liking.

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
wow looks like the flower horns and the blood parrots have it!!!!! so nobody thought the Oscar is ugly???

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
I like tiger oscars. lol :D They are nice. But I don't like the albino ones. They look like freaks (no offense to owners though, just a matter of personal preference), but wait.. aren't they? :dance2:

onepawnup

AC Members
Jan 2, 2006
I have 4 blood parrots and would never call them the ugliest ..my wife calls them the happy fish

oh well just my opinion

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
wow looks like the flower horns and the blood parrots have it!!!!! so nobody thought the Oscar is ugly???
I guess my vote for "appearance challeged" (P/C) would be the Flowerhorn. Hybrids are just not my 'thing'. As to Oscars being 'ugly', (I detest that word) I believe they can hold their own w/ most F/W fish in the 'LOOKS' dept. Of course, this is a personal preference & I accept that others might feel differently. I would never describe 'O's as ---- that word!!

shot June 2006

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
I dont think tiger oscars are ugly, I agree that albinos are. The standard red is OK, but I like the glow on the tigers.
:cool: Ohhhhh "D" how could you feel that way after looking at this face ?? :hi: :) :hi:

I know I'm slightly biased but ugly?? --- How 'bout different?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store