what is this? any ideas??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

namely

namely
Oct 8, 2006
Palm Springs, CA
www.myspace.com
Today I found one of my goldies with this thing, like a white-ish circle of tissue around its left eye!!! It wasn't there last night but this morning there it was... It almost looks like its eye has popped out and isn't really moving around, doesn't seem to bother the fish but I find it to be completly baffling how something like this could happen, so does anyone have any idea what it is or has anyone heard of such a thing???

My params. are all perfect, he shares the tank with just one other less active goldie and a blue mystery snail. There isn't anything in the tank he could have run into so I'm totally upset about this eye thingy because he used to be soooo cute and now he looks scary and sickly, any advice would be very appreciated. The picture doesn't do it justice but you can kinda get the idea, its gross... what the :lipssealedsmilie: is it???
1.jpg

1.jpg

12 Volt Man

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Ontario Canada
yeah, it looks like inflammation around the eye.

double check your water quality (like jm1212 said, posting the values would be good).

the good news is that this type of inflamation can usually be resolved quite easily with some water changes and salt.

its when the eye actually begins to 'bug out' that it becomes much more difficult to fix..

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
I know I thought the width looked a little small =X I agree with everybody else, your waters probably really poor with 2 in a 10 gallon, might want to retest (liquid test) =D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store