What is wrong with me ?!?!?!?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Andy, some would say that life's journey is a circle. Appears you have made the circuit and are where many folks begin their adventure in this hobby. Good luck as always.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
There probly so healthy because they are fresh from the hatchery. If you want healthy fish from walmart, you need to find out when they get there shipments in and go the day they get them. From my experience, they will get progressively worse (health wise) over time. The longer they are there.
I have to agree - today (just one day later) most of the other fish were already looking bad. I couldn't believe the difference just one day made. The blues still looked great so I have 3 right now in the QT and they are fine so far. There were also some dwarf goramis in with the blues that I wanted to get a couple of too - buy they had already taken a turn for the worst - so sad. I'm just glad to have the ones I do - now I hope they are hydra eliminators, that would be awesome.

Hey Sindorei - I think that is the biggest problem. Most PET store employees don't have a clue how to properly care for an aquarium let alone an employee of such a large store that carries everything. Your customers are lucky to have you - I netted my own fish tonight because the person who came over to help me wasn't very comfortable with the fish department.

Sorry about the "wally world" confusion - I try not to use actual store names when I post.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Andy, some would say that life's journey is a circle. Appears you have made the circuit and are where many folks begin their adventure in this hobby. Good luck as always.
Hey Roscoe - yep and it was pretty cool going into "buy" some new fish - haven't done that in years (from a store that is). I put about 20 CPD's in the 75 today with the shrimp and pygmy sunfish. Such a cool tank to just sit and watch now.

Hope all is well with you,

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Everything is good here, all are healthy and have some fry hiding in the tank with your guys. Wasn't planning on that, but nature takes over sometimes. Hope you enjoy the changes in your hobby and it was good hearing from you. Good luck..

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
Hey roscoe - We'll be buying our CPD's from you soon :) !! Its kinda funny, I am still shipping fish! I have some N. caudopunctatus fry that are moving pretty well on AB so I am still in the game (so to speak).

On the blues - they are doing great and really like bbs and grindal worms but don't seem to know what to do with the hydra :mad:!! I got them to do a job and they need training! Any suggestions? I had just hoped they would naturally just start eating the hydra but so far they just look at it and swim away.

ponderingky

AC Members
Sep 24, 2009
Ashland, KY
I wondered about that. I wanted to condition them and make sure they are good and healthy (since they are from WM). I'll feed them good for another week or so and then back off the good stuff and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Hey roscoe - We'll be buying our CPD's from you soon :) !! Its kinda funny, I am still shipping fish! I have some N. caudopunctatus fry that are moving pretty well on AB so I am still in the game (so to speak).

On the blues - they are doing great and really like bbs and grindal worms but don't seem to know what to do with the hydra :mad:!! I got them to do a job and they need training! Any suggestions? I had just hoped they would naturally just start eating the hydra but so far they just look at it and swim away.

That is odd. My one ate all the hydra she could find within the first week. Never seen any since. Have actually thought about trying to grow some for her lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store