WHAT IS YOUR DREAM TANK?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Something like a 12x4x4 monster Mbuna biotope that's just a little slice of Lake Malawi or the same size tank with big, rough CA cichlids over sand with long pieces of driftwood replicating a CA river and have it filtered by a 10x2x2 sump. One day....

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
A long, chilled tank. Aqua scraped like a mountain stream with a strong directional current. Stocked with golden trout!

Only problem is that I have no idea how you would get ahold of even rainbow trout. I'm pretty sure, fish and game laws don't allow you to catch fish and keep them alive...

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
A long, chilled tank. Aqua scraped like a mountain stream with a strong directional current. Stocked with golden trout!

Only problem is that I have no idea how you would get ahold of even rainbow trout. I'm pretty sure, fish and game laws don't allow you to catch fish and keep them alive...
That wheres you are wrong ( to a certain degree) some states actually allow to to transport game fish alive. I dont know what states will or wont but a quick internet search or call to your local wildlife and fisheries department should make it all clear. I was thinking to myself earlier how cool it would be to have a trout tank but how challenging it would be to replicate its enviroment

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
That wheres you are wrong ( to a certain degree) some states actually allow to to transport game fish alive. I dont know what states will or wont but a quick internet search or call to your local wildlife and fisheries department should make it all clear. I was thinking to myself earlier how cool it would be to have a trout tank but how challenging it would be to replicate its enviroment

In California you need a special permit. They give them out for educational purposes to schools, aquariums, etc. Plus you have to go to a class before they will give you the eggs.
This might be a possibility when my kids get older. I could try and get by with the educational slant. If we end up homeschooling then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Anyways, in CA you can't catch sport fish and keep them alive, at least trout anyways. Never had any interest at looking into other species.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
In California you need a special permit. They give them out for educational purposes to schools, aquariums, etc. Plus you have to go to a class before they will give you the eggs.
This might be a possibility when my kids get older. I could try and get by with the educational slant. If we end up homeschooling then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Anyways, in CA you can't catch sport fish and keep them alive, at least trout anyways. Never had any interest at looking into other species.
Im not sure how it is here in MA. But as of right now i dont have/feel the need to have natives but one of my dreams would to be able to help restock my local( and not so local) waterways with fish that once thrived here before humans overfished the populations to either extinction( in my area) or low populations in general. I hope if you do homeschool that youll be able to get that permit and house the fish youd like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store