what kind of shrimp...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chazsgirl

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
Ok 1st off i don't have a pic of it cause they are in a breeder, moving like crazy and are so small.
anyway I purchased them from someone on aquabid that said they were supposed to be blue shrimp but they are alittle odd, all but 1 look like little ghost shrimp. the biggest one has a few blue lines but that is all. are they just too small to have color or do the blue shrimp have color right away?
I will try to snap a pic tomorrow, thanks!

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
when did you get them? they may still be a bit stressed after shipping or being in a breeder net.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Ok.. Who did you buy them from on AB and what did they list them as?

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
from the pic's it looks like they seen you coming.
am sure some one with more knowledge will chime on this.

Danimal62

AC Members
Dec 24, 2007
Sadly, those shrimp will never turn blue. Be very aware of AB sellers! Currently there are only the following shrimp that will breed true and have a fair amount of blue offspring:

Blue Pearl Shrimp
Blue Tiger Shrimp

That is about all that is reliable. There are a few species that are not Dwarf Shrimp (like macrobirchium sp.) that will be blue, but the above are the only two that are blue by genetics that are readily available right now.

I wrote about this in my Dwarf Shrimp blog last year in a post titled "Blue Shrimp, A Freshwater Dwarf Shrimp Myth?"

chazsgirl

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
from the pic's it looks like they seen you coming.
am sure some one with more knowledge will chime on this.
no not really we coresponded back and forth about how they weren't turning much blue and I thought they were different and cute. I made sure to get info before bidding, I am happy with them and they seem to get more blue lines everyday, if I wanted true blue shrimp there are alot of them on there I just thought they were different.
I still wonder what kind of shrimp they are, because they do have blue in them but not as blue as the others, I am going to end it with thinking they are a cross breed.

NOW QUES. IS CAN I SAFELY PUT THEM IN WITH MY CHERRIES?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store