What lights should I get for a 25 gallon, 20 inch deep tank for high light plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FSM

Pastafarian
Mar 30, 2008
Georgia
2x24W T5HO would work well. That's what I use on my 29 gallon, which is 18" tall.

Current USA nova extreme fixtures are inexpensive and good quality.

powelstag

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2010
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]When choosing lighting for your aquarium (especially Reef or Planted Freshwater), there is much more to consider than watts per gallon. In fact the 2-6 watts per gallon for a reef or freshwater plant aquarium, less for fish, more for many corals; is a VERY basic start but that is very general and quite out dated due to the variety available modern lights with varying lumens per watt lights, different wavelength, focused lumens, PAR output, etc.. Sadly the watts per gallon “rule” is still thrown around today despite all the technological advances in lighting which often makes this grossly inaccurate (please read the full article here to understand why the Watts per gallon is only part of the equation).[/FONT]

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
which ever way you lean on the lights stay with blue and red spectrums greens and yellows aren't absorbed / used as well, nor do they penatrate as deep.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store