What Plecos do you own?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

walkert09

walkert09
Jul 17, 2006
stockton CA
new comer

Hi!, I'm a new comer to all this, I have a pleco in a aquarium with other fish such as silver dollars,kissing gourami,gold gourami,red eye and more. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about them all. I love my tank!, it's great for just kicking back and watching.

TRW :dive2:

Odinfa

AC Members
Jul 2, 2006
Whats My Placo ?

I have no idea what type of placo I have my husband bought it for me. The boy at the pet store said it would get 10 to 18 inches. I really didn't want him(?) at first. I've been doing some research and I think I have what is call a sailfin placo(?) anybody ever hear of one. I counted 13-14 spines on his back fin. Take a look and tell me what you think.....

I have 3 more pictures to upload

Placo_02.JPG Placo_05.JPG

Odinfa

AC Members
Jul 2, 2006
last one. I forgot to mention he is 5" - 6", when I got him in June 2006 he was only abt 3". I also did some research about sail-fin(?) placos, said they get over 20".
Good thing I'm already planning for a bigger tank.

I have a 20 Gal High tank

With my Placo & 3 x-ray tetras.

I had 2 rosey bards & 3 silver-tip sharks at various times all have died.

I also have 9 (started with 11) comets gave those to my son to cycle his 10 gal tank. All of which to his horror are alive & well and I have to say it's the cleanest tank I've ever seen !!!! He said I could have them back when I get my next tank (120 Gal)

rushikova

AC Members
Jul 24, 2006
One common plec, liposarcus pardalis, called Charlie - lovely fish, and she's mellowing as she ages (she's almost 7 now). Only 13", but with the impending upgrade I hope she'll grow some more - she's grown an inch every time I put her in a new setup!

I've also got a 10" hypostomus pardalis called Bernie, a 5" unIDd plec (apparently an LDA51 but not big enough) and a 4" LDA8.

tai95

AC Members
Apr 24, 2005
I have an albino long finned BN

A regular common BN

A L191 royal

A L260 Queen Arabesque

And a red marble calico BN

Thats it for now, but I'm always looking for more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store